2020 Orange Descent and CSA K1 and K2 River Championship
7-8 November 2020
2 Day stage race covering 69km of great river paddling promising to be everything you’ve dreamt of and much more for paddlers and seconds alike!
- Day 1 (SA K1 River Champs) will start at Ikaia Resort, Keimoes and finish 39km down stream at Die Mas Resort, Kakamas.
- Day 2 (SA K2 River Champs) will start at Sakkie Se Arkie, Upington and finish 30km down stream at Oranje Rus, Kanoneiland.
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS WITH RESPECT TO COVID-19 LEVEL REGULATIONS
As per the Canoeing South Africa Event Guidelines and Safety requirements below:
- All entrants must be currently registered members of a canoe club affiliated to a CSA member Union.
- All entrants will enter the event online using the Canoeing South Africa online entry system at www.canoesa.com. Race information on this site will include all Covid-19 safety arrangements for the event. There will be no extra entries on the day of the race.
- All entrants will be required to register on the HealthDocs app for Covid-19 screening purposes.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for the event to enable direct and immediate communication with all participants, officials, drivers and medical staff whenever this is required.
- All start and finish arrangements along with special Covid-19 requirements will be emailed and Whatsapped to all entrants prior to the event.
- All entrants, race officials, drivers and medical staff will be screened at the entrance to the start and finish areas as shown on the maps. This screening information will be stored on the official Healthdocs site. Anyone deemed to be high risk in accordance with the screening regulations will be refused entry to the venue.
- All entrants, race officials, drivers and medical staff will be required to wear masks at all times except that entrants may remove their masks just prior to the start and then replace them as soon as they exit the river at the finish.
- Starts will be carried out in batches so that there are no more than 50 people at any time including race officials and medical staff.
- The start time for each boat, and the arrival and departure time for each entrant’s driver at the start and finish parking areas will be made known to them at least 18 hours prior to the start to in the control the number of people at the start and finish at any time.
- Strictly no Spectators are allowed at the event
- No awards ceremony will be held at the finish venue, and all finishers will be required to leave the finish venue as quickly as possible.
- No entry lists or results will be physically dislayed on any notice boards at the venues to remove possible social distancing issues. All notifications will be by email or Whatsapp.
Experience the Northern Cape
Due to Covid-19 regulations there are no spectators allowed at the event and unfortunately no social gatherings with more than 50 people.